The mission of the Biostatistics Core is to support an interdisciplinary team of clinical investigators conducting research at Duke by providing expertise in the implementation of statistical methodology. The Core includes a team of statistical faculty and staff with diverse and extensive experience conducting a broad range of research projects.
- What we do:
- Provide advice on all aspects of statistical design and analysis
- Support protocol development and grant applications with design recommendations and power/sample size calculations
- Collaborate with Duke office of Clinical Research (DOCR) in database design and programming
- Evaluate and conduct statistical analysis for prospective and retrospective studies
- Collaborate on manuscript preparation
- Provide statistical education and training
- How to start a collaboration:
- Submit a Consultation Request Application
- Attend walk‐in office hours, every Monday 8‐10am at Hock Plaza room 11016
- Contact your clinical research unit (CRU) manager or CRU statistician
The Biostatistics Core also offers pilot funding for the development of biostatistical methodology in clinical and translational research. Find out more about the biostatistical methodology pilot projects.
- Data Submission Guidelines (for statistical assistance)
- December 2010