6th Annual Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) National Conference
Thursday and Friday, August 22-23, 2013
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
Bethesda, MD 20852
On-line registrations submitted after 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Monday, August 5, 2013
will not be included in the conference brochure.
The deadline for the reduced hotel rate of $169.00 is midnight, Monday, August 5, 2013 (EST).
- Steven H. Woolf, MD, MPH
Director, Virginia Commonwealth University Center for Human Needs
Topic: Community Engaged Research and its Role within the Translation Research Continuum
- To explore how Community Engaged Research fits within the Translation Research continuum.
- To discuss where the field of community engaged research has been until now and identify gaps in the field.
- To discuss the strengths and weaknesses in the science of community engaged research.
- To outline future directions for the field of community engaged research.
To assess the state of the science of community engaged research and develop a plan for the future.
Attendees for this conference will include community residents, researchers, practice based researchers and academic researchers interested in community engagement and partnerships in research as well as those interested in community engaged research.
Registration Fee: $125
Registration Cancellation Policy:
- A $50.00 administrative fee will be assessed on all refunds prior to July 31, 2013.
- After that date no refunds can be made. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing to Barbara Gregory via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to submit abstracts for poster presentations. Selected posters will be presented on both days of the conference. Visit the Poster Presentations page for full details. Note: Poster submission is closed.
Funding for this conference was made possible (in part) by grant U13TR000184 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention by trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.